BrisDroid is designed to help you get where you need to go using public transport in Brisbane. Using Google Maps and GPS assistance, it’s easier than ever before to know exactly where your stop is and how long you have until you get there. BrisDroid works with all bus, train and ferry routes in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
BrisDroid comes with a number of accessibility options to ensure that everybody in Brisbane is capable of using it.
Things you can do with BrisDroid:
- See exactly where every stop is using Google Maps
- Receive a notification when your stop is approaching
- Use the same journey planner you’re already familiar with
- Use your current location to find the closest stop near you
- Use addresses taken straight from your contacts
- Save and load your favourite locations with ease
- Get direct links to useful pages on the TransLink website
- View accessibility information for all train and ferry stops, as well as all busway stations
- High contrast icons for the colourblind
- Text to speech options (works best with TalkBack)
We’re constantly striving to make BrisDroid bigger, better and easier to use: if you have any feedback what-so-ever, including bug reports or feature requests, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BrisDroid uses a number of a different sources for stop location information, including the following:
- Bus stops: http://data.brisbane.qld.gov.au/index.php/dataset/bus-stops/
- Ferry terminals: http://data.brisbane.qld.gov.au/index.php/dataset/ferry-terminals/
Our data is not always 100% accurate: if you come across a stop that’s in the wrong location or missing entirely, feel free to let us know by either reporting it in-app or sending us an email.
BrisDroid is designed for Android devices running Android 2.1 (Eclair) and above, and can be downloaded from Google Play.